• September 16, 2014, 04:31:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

cheesemapping.com - Does not exist yet.

Recent Reviews:   80.0: One World Brewing |   81.7: Todd English PUB |   85.0: Gamble Mill Brewery  

Author Topic: Spokane beer culture?  (Read 819 times)

JCoe

• betamapper
  • bmp: 18
  • Reviews: 1
  • March 06, 2007
    • View Profile
    • View Review List
    • View Reviews on a Map
    • The Wanderlust of Gumballhead
Spokane beer culture?
« on: January 04, 2011, 12:09:51 PM »

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the local craft beer scene in Spokane, Washington. I know there are a few brewpubs and stuff, but I'm just wondering how it compares to other cities like Chicago or Portland.

All comments welcome, but any input from locals would be especially appreciated.

Redrover

• betamapper
  • bmp: 15
  • Reviews: 157
  • February 24, 2007
    • View Profile
    • View Review List
    • View Reviews on a Map
    • personal site
Re: Spokane beer culture?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 02:32:50 PM »

I get out to Spokane once or twice per year.   While I enjoy my visits, the beer culture is not on par with other PNW areas such as Portland, Seattle, or even Eugene.

Having said that, there are three decent brewpubs and a couple of good beer bars (see my reviews).   There are some good dining options and the wine culture is deeply rooted.

I like the river that runs through downtown and the Gonzaga campus adds a nice vibe.   You are also close to Cour D' Aline, ID which is really nice.

BrettAnderson

• bmp: 0
  • Reviews: 0
    June 21, 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Spokane beer culture?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 01:28:01 AM »

I'm not sure whether or not anyone is still looking to follow this thread, but I thought that I'd share a few places that have been added to the roster of good places to find craft beer in the greater Spokane region.

Full Disclosure:  I have recently opened my own beer bar in the Spokane area and though I don't have nearly as much experience with the craft beer scene as I would like, it is something that I personally enjoy very much and hope someday to be able to suitably pass along to my customers as well.

That said, there are four beer bars in Spokane worth noting:  The Hop Shop (South Hill), The Viking Tavern (Just north of Downtown), Jones Radiator (Just east of Downtown) and [my place] Brews on Washington (Downtown).

With the exception of The Viking, all of these venues have a relatively small number of consistent taps/bottles and, instead, rotate their collections on a very frequent basis.  The Viking has enough space to keep a rather more impressive ongoing selection available.  The Viking's atmosphere has a pretty cozy, generic tavern layout with multiple TVs, pool tables, darts, etc.  The other three are TV-free zones with relatively low music focusing on a place for conversation more than anything else.

Any of these four places are consistently great for dropping by for a quality craft beer.  More often than not there is always at least one beer on tap that I've never seen offered before.

Here's to hoping that Spokane's craft beer offerings will only grow.

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 25 queries.